- Must use Slide & Go® fastening clip and screws application for grooved board installation, for fascia boards use fascia screws in accessories.
- Installation instructions here.
- Need a deck builder? Contact us.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU'RE BUILDING STAIRS, HAVE A PICTURE FRAME DESIGN OR DO NOT WANT TO HAVE GROOVED EDGE FACING OUTWARDS, YOU WILL NEED TO ORDER TruNorth square edge boards FOR THOSE AREAS (COLOUR PALETTE IS THE SAME). TRUECONO BOARDS ONLY COME IN GROOVED.
The TRUNORTHDECK™ hollow TruEcono Composite Decking is our lowest cost system for new deck applications, renovations and resurfacing of existing decks. Our system comes with grooved and fascia boards and our unique Slide & Go® hidden fastening system. Non-grooved, solid boards can be found in our TruNorth series with identical colours.
The TruEcono Enviroboard is a lightweight, encapsulated board, available in 10 amazing colors. Certified to meet building codes, this hollow board reduces weight/cost and 95% of it is comprised of recycled materials. Backed by our 25-year warranty for stain and fade resistance, these boards are extremely durable. Need to see a sample before you buy? Order free samples on our free samples page. Need to see deck photos for color ideas? See our idea gallery.
- Solid Colour - $2.99/linear foot (Stone Grey, Mocha, Caramel, Red Bordeaux)
- Variegated Colours - $3.15/linear foot (Hazelwood, Ash Grey, Tigerwood, Amazon Grey, Tropical Walnut, Brazilian Cherry)
- Actual colour may vary slightly from website image
- Deck board sizes (width x height x length): 5-1/8 x 1 x 12', 5-1/8 x 1 x 16', 5-1/8 x 1 x 20' . Including installation clip, boards are 5-5/16 inches wide.
- Fascia board size (H x W x L): 1 x 8 x 12' Nominal size (actual size is 1/2" x 7 1/2" x 12'). Cost is $5.99/linear ft.
- Weight: 12' boards - 21 lbs, 16' boards - 28 lbs, 20' boards - 35 lbs.
ALBERTA RESIDENTS PLEASE NOTE:
- There is no TruNorth solid core grooved board available
- No solid colours (in TruEcono or TruNorth),
- No brazilian cherry
- Sq edge solid core only in 20' lengths
- Heat blocking capping
- No wood filler used, light weight
- Woodgrain appearance
- Long-lasting and durable
- No painting, staining or sealing
- No splinters, slivers or revealing nails
- Resistant to rotting, mold, fungi & pests
- Simple Slide & Go® fastening system
- 25 year limited warranty including Stain and Fade warranty
Don't know how much material you need?
To calculate the number of linear feet of decking needed, measure the square footage of your deck and multiply that by 2.28. Depending on the complexity of your deck it's advisable to add 10% for cut off waste (Example: 10 ft. x 10 ft. = 100 square ft. x 2.28 = 228 linear feet plus 10% or 23 ft equalling 251 ft total). If you are ordering 12' boards, divide 12' into 251ft to calculate your quantity of boards, which would equal about 21 boards (this would be your quantity ordered). We have, however, made this easy for you by automating this calculation on this product page.
To calculate how many fastening clips required, calculate 2.5 clips per square foot when joists are on 16” centers and 5 clips per square foot when joists are on 12” centers.